From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I filter using Channel Properties for data in the "Internal Data"

Solved!
Go to solution

I've loaded the specific TDMS file I'm interested in and I've saved meta data (properties) for each of the channels in a group.  How can I filter the data I see in the internal data portal using these properties?

I've tried clicking on the arrow in the Data Portal: Internal Data area.  However this place seems to only be able to filter data based on name.  I feel like I should be able to type something like "MyProperty=X" and see only the channels that have that property equal to that value.

I found this post but it doesn't appear to answer my question: http://forums.ni.com/t5/DIAdem/filer-using-user-properties-in-DIAdem/m-p/1001662

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,331 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rannoch

Hi Rannoch,

It looks like the filter functionality is only designed to use the channel and group names as a filtering option, as you point out. If you want to suggest this as an idea for functionality to add you can post on our idea exhange here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideas

However, you can use the custom properties as an advanced search query in your DataFinder, which is what the post you linked is referring to.

Regards,

Kevin

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,290 Views)

Hi Rannoch,

The only other thing I can add is that if you want to search for Groups in the NAVIGATOR, then you CAN configure explicit Group property conditions to limit the list of Groups returned by that search.  Once Groups are loaded into the Data Portal, only Group names and Channel names can be used in the Data Portal filter fields.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,240 Views)