DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create manual Y-axis labels in a multiple system report?

A similar question was asked by Lutz1410 on 3/30/07, but it doesn't seem that this was finally resolved.  I'll try to ask the question in a different way.

I created a graph in View with 3 axis systems in the "multiple systems" mode, then transferred this to Report.  I would like to apply manual scaling and text to each of the 3 axis systems, however if I change either of these parameters they are applied to all 3 Y-axes.  In other words, I end up with 3 axes having exactly the same text labels and scaling.

1. For the axis text, is there a delimiter that can be used in the axis text field to tell Report that the first text value is for the first Y-axis, the 2nd value is for the next axis, etc?

2. For the scaling, is it possible to have separate scales for each Y-axis?

Of course, a workaround is to create 3 independent graphs in Report, but this is less convenient.

Thank you,
Craig
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,190 Views)

Hi Craig,

If you want to apply different manual scaling parameters to each of the stacked Y axes, then you need to use 3 separate Y axes.  If you want to display a curve-specific text to each of the stacked graphs, this you can do with a DIAdem expression:

@ChnName(CCN)@@         channel name of each curve
@ChnDim(CCN)@@            channel unit of each curve
@ChnComment(CCN)@@   channel description of each curve

The corresponding value for each curve will automatically display at the correct vertical spot next to its curve.

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,178 Views)