From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I check NI card serial numbers and calibration dates in a DIAdem Script?

Hello - I'd like to create a DIAdem script that would generate a quick list of the serial numbers and calibration dates of all the NI cards listed in NI Max on the same machine. How can I access the card information through DIAdem? I have DIAdem 2014, but can upgrade to 2015 if that's required.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,093 Views)
One way that you could accomplish this is to run a LabVIEW VI from DIAdem that programmatically accesses this information and then writes it to a text file.

How to Programmatically Retrieve Hardware Information (Product Name, Serial Number, Firmware, etc.)

You could then read from that text file in DIAdem.

Opening, Reading, and Writing Text Files

To launch a LabVIEW VI from DIAdem, please reference the following documentation.

Calling a LabVIEW SubVI with DIAdem

There may also be a way to do this with the DIAdem DAC Bundle...

NI DIAdem DAC Bundle

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,046 Views)

Hi,

Another alternative would be to use System Configuration .NET API:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-system-configuration-16.0.1/6411/en/

After installing it with .NET Development support, you can find some examples here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\MStudioVS2012\DotNET\Examples\SystemConfiguration

The ShowAllHardware example reads all serial numbers.

When using the "Make assembly COM-Visible" option in Visual Studio, you can interact with your .NET application in DIAdem script.

Christian
CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,021 Views)