DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GroupPropGet: What's going on here?

Call DATADELALL(1)
Call GROUPCREATE("Kanalgruppe",1)
Call GROUPPROPCREATE(1,"test1",DataTypeString)
call GroupPropSet ( 1, "test1", "100D1000")
msgbox GroupPropGet(1,"test1")

Try out this little script. (Tested whith Diadem 9.1 and 10.1) Can anyboby tell me, what's going on here? Is the GroupPropGet-function unable to read some special strings? Remark, that the grouppropperty "test1" will be set correctly.
Has anybody a workarround? I use Groupproppertys of type string to save additional parameters of experiment. Should I say to my cutomers "Don't use "100D10000" and "100E10000" and a lot of other combinations as name of your samples?"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,358 Views)
Hello Martin!

Use GroupPropValSet / GroupPropValGet instead and everything works fine (in 10.1). The other versions were introduced with 9 and implemented in a not verry flexible way. This was improved in 10 but for compatible reasons the old version stayed alive.

Matthias
Matthias Alleweldt
Project Engineer / Projektingenieur
Twigeater?  
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,354 Views)
Thanks Matthias,
"GroupPropValGet" instead of "GroupPropGet" works for Diadem 10. But I need a workarround for Diadem 9 because this version is running by customer. Is there any other way to read a Grouppropperty of type string than GroupPropGet?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,338 Views)
Hello Martin!

The solution I see is to add an non-numeric letter at the first place and cut it off on every read. I tried it with a '@' and this worked. Perhaps you have to make a command extension function to show the values in a layout. Is this possible and a solution for your application?

Matthias
Matthias Alleweldt
Project Engineer / Projektingenieur
Twigeater?  
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,321 Views)
Yes, thanks.
I have give this as advice to operators of teststand.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,316 Views)