DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic export to word, font size

Hi,

I want to export graphics from a report to a word document. Now I saw that the font size is given in a percentage of the diagonal of the diagram area, but I want to have the same font size in the word document and in the exported picture.

Is there a waz to do that?

Thank you!

Bastian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,693 Views)

Hi Bastian,

If you export anything from REPORT to Word, then you are sending a picture, and there is no way in DIAdem to specify that the size of a particular text inside that picture be a specific font size.  This is because the font sizes in DIAdem REPORT are all relative.  All REPORT text belongs to an object which can be arbitrarily resized, causing the text inside it to also be arbitrarily resized.  Even the overall REPORT window can be resized and have its aspect ratio (landscape/portrait/arbitrary) changed, so if you're sending anything from REPORT, then that is a dead stop.  If instead you are sending a Data Portal channel to a Word table via ActiveX, then you should be able to set the Word table font size property to a particular size, assuming of course you can find that property in the MS object model.  I could dig up an example of this, but I don't remember if the example had that font size property in it.

Which were you thinking of?
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,654 Views)
Hi Brad,

Thank you for your fast answer. In the mean time I tried to correlate the font size in the report to the pt-size in Word, but I think you are right, that's unfortunately a dead stop...
I don't know if I understand you right: if I send a Data Portal channel via ActiveX to Word, finally this would mean I have my data in Word, but I would have to generate a new graph  in Word or  Excel?

Kind regards

Bastian
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,647 Views)

Hi Bastian,

You can only send data channels from the Data Portal to Word via AxtiveX into a Word TABLE.  There's no way to send it to a Word graph.  So if you want a graph of the DIAdem data, you'll just have to send a picture of that DIAdem graph from REPORT to Word.

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,626 Views)
Hi Brad,

yes and this is my problem, I want to publish my data and thus I need the graphs in word. But the axis text size and the text size in the legend is changing as soon as I change the width or the hight of the report sheet. Finally I can't succeed in getting a uniform text size.
Unfortunaly it seems to me that there is no way..

Kind regards
Bastian
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,610 Views)