cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting file names of different groups in a data portal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am finding difficult to retreive the file names of the different groups loaded in the data portal. For example, say I have loaded two different files of same ext .tdms in to the data portal which automatically assigns as two groups. My objective is to retreive the file name of the two groups loaded using VBS in diadem 11.1.

Can anyone help me in this regard.

Regards,

X. Ignatius

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,379 Views)

The filename and path is attached to the channels

Option Explicit

dim grpNr : grpNr = 1

msgBox Data.Root.ChannelGroups(grpNr).Channels(1).Properties("sourcedatafilename").Value
msgBox Data.Root.ChannelGroups(grpNr).Channels(1).Properties("sourcedatafilepath").Value

would give you the info you requested for a given group index.

You can determine the names of the properties by just dragging them from DIAdem Data portal to diadem Script.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,376 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Igni

Thanks Andreas,

I have got a plugin which loads the multiple lvm files with their sourcefile name. Earlier it would be like Labview Data, Labview data1, Labview data2.... when multiple files are loaded. Now with this plugin attached in the startup script, all the files are loaded with their original file names.

Attached the plugins, place the Custom LVM Load Event. Vbs in the start up script, the other attachment is the function callled by the main script.

Regards,

X. Ignatius

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,332 Views)