From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating channels through interpolation

I have a rotating system that I am logging data from onto two seperate PCs. PC1 takes readings at a fixed sampling rate of 100hz while PC2 takes readings every 45 degrees of rotation, and rpm varies from 0-1300. Both PCs have a timer function so that when I import the data into DIAdem I can view and align the data from both systems using the timer values on the X axis.
The data files from PC1 are normally at least twice as long as those from PC2, and the interval between readings taken on PC2 varies substantially because they are not taken at regular time intervals.
So to make things easier, I would like to generate new channels where there is a data value from PC1 that corresponds to the timer and data values from PC2. I am guessing this can easily be done through interpolation, but I am not sure how. Is there a function within diadem that would allow me to do this, if not, what would be the best approach to take. The timer values are simple integers (milliseconds) and not formatted in anyway if this helps. Thanks

Sturt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,724 Views)

Hi Sturt,

The function you are looking for is in the ANALYSIS panel under the "Curve fitting function", and it's called "Linear mapping".

Let me know if you have trouble using the dialog,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,714 Views)