DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPI extensions from DIAdem 2012 32bits to DIAdem 2015 64 bits

Greetings,

We're evaluating the migration of our DIAdem 2012 32bits to DIAdem 2015 64 bits. The first problem we've found is that there are some gpi extensions from 2012 missing in the 2015 one. We use the EGVLoad.dll (Extended German Version) that allowed us to save data in EGV ISO format to store data in that format.

Is this unavoidable, there isn't any 64 bits egv gpi? (so we'll have to solve it implementing our own egv save procedure?)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,509 Views)

Hi tlahoz,

First of all, the EGVLoad.dll still ships with DIAdem 2015 32bit.  That DLL simply does not exist in 64bit form, so no DIAdem 64bit version will be able to use it.  R&D is curious to understand the rationale for saving to the EGV file format instead of the more standard MME format.  If you could post a response or email me at brad.turpin@ni.com that would be very helpful in shaping our prioritization of this request relative to others.  You could also officially submit a DIAdemIdeas request at ni.com/diademideas.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,458 Views)

Hi Brad, thanks for your reply,

We are a services provider company and deliver data to our customers. We adapt our data output to match our customers' systems and some customers have systems developed some time away expecting data in ISO format and haven't been updated to other formats (I can suppose they run by the motto 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it").

If it only deppended in our side it wouldn't be a problem but as retrocompatibility with customer systems is mandatory, for the moment we'll have to consideer not updating our DIAdem, using DIAdem 2015 32 bits (both temporary patches as as I've read in this forum next DIAdem won't have a 32 bits version), waiting for a 64 bits DLL, developing a custom importer/exporter or telling our customers we're not able to meet their specs anymore.

Thanks again,

Tomas Lahoz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,444 Views)