DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPI - Need Additional Help With Porting 32-bit Legacy Code

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there any additional documentation besides the 2 pages at the end of "Developing DIAdem extensions.pdf"?

I have an extensive system of GPI-dlls that has worked without much adaptation since the days of Diadem 8.1.  The last version of the GPI toolkit before the 2015 update compiled my code with no issues.

Now, with the 2015 update, there are many issues.  The "Maintaining existing GPI projects" gives no hint.  As it stands, it looks like I will have to recreate the whole system from scratch.  (Which can be a good idea, but now I have an unexpected very long lead time added.)

Is there an expert I can talk to?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,657 Views)

Hi jbrandim,

Thanks for posting on the discussion forums. The PDF looks to be the best resource. What types of issues are you running into? What functionality is included with the GPI-dlls that are having issues? Is the last version that worked correctly 2014?

Thanks,

Andy

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Notes for Branch AE:
Please reply to This Post within 24 hours
The US AE is expected to reply to all of your posts within 24 hours. Having this expectation will keep the escalation moving quickly and toward a fast resolution.

You can also use other communication channels: Phone, Skype, etc. to discuss the issue with the US AE. This can help with troubleshooting and quick diagnosis of the issue.

Click here to provide kudos for a post on this page
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,620 Views)

The last of version of Diadem we had available was 2012.  It looks like a lot of things were depreciated and removed.  Data types and constants now show up as undefined, even if I include the "depreciated" folder as suggested.

I got a PM with a contact to email. I will direct my questions there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,601 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jbrandim

For anyone else with this issue...

An NI developer PM'd me that the DLLs should work with Diadem 2015 (32-bit) if I recompiled them with Visual Studio, and made sure the VC Redistributable was installed on the client machine.

I've tried this with VS 2013, and it works fine.  That is sufficient for my immediate need.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,574 Views)