DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency weighted acceleration

Hello,

For people that use the frequency weighted acceleration function:

It does include filters for ISO 2631-1 and -4, but not for 2631-2 (both acceleration and velocity).

It is possibile that the acceleration filter for ISO 2631-2 is identical to the VDI 2057-1?

Could somebody answer that and does anybody know of planned development for the velocity filter?

Thanks,

Marcel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,271 Views)

Hello Marcel,

I cannot help you a lot in this case, because your question is regarding the two standards and not in specific DIAdem. However I have found the following paper on Google, which I hope can be useful to check the differences in the standards:

https://books.google.nl/books?id=pth5BgAAQBAJ&pg=PA228&lpg=PA228&dq=ISO+2631-2+VDI+2057-1&source=bl&...

I hope that this can get you further.

Best regards,

Bozhidar

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,222 Views)

Hello Bozhidar,

Thank you for your reply. I had already searched for an answer on internet, but there does not seem to be a simple listing of weighting filter values. I have all the relevant ISO standards available, just not the VDI and I'm not prepared to pay over 200 for this 'simple' question just yet. This would not be a problem if I needed the VDI standard, but I actually need the ISO 2631-2, so am not really interested in what VDI has to say other than to know if weighting is identical to 2631-2.

I hope the Diadem support engineers can help me out, but this probably dates back to the GFS era, so it may be difficult even for them.

Thanks,

Marcel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,217 Views)

Hello Marcel,

I am not sure if we will be able to help you out with this one, without violating any copyrights. I believe that the only option is to have a person who can confirm if they are indentical.

Best,

Bozhidar

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,208 Views)