From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency weighted acceleration

Hello,

For people that use the frequency weighted acceleration function:

It does include filters for ISO 2631-1 and -4, but not for 2631-2 (both acceleration and velocity).

It is possibile that the acceleration filter for ISO 2631-2 is identical to the VDI 2057-1?

Could somebody answer that and does anybody know of planned development for the velocity filter?

Thanks,

Marcel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,269 Views)

Hello Marcel,

I cannot help you a lot in this case, because your question is regarding the two standards and not in specific DIAdem. However I have found the following paper on Google, which I hope can be useful to check the differences in the standards:

https://books.google.nl/books?id=pth5BgAAQBAJ&pg=PA228&lpg=PA228&dq=ISO+2631-2+VDI+2057-1&source=bl&...

I hope that this can get you further.

Best regards,

Bozhidar

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,220 Views)

Hello Bozhidar,

Thank you for your reply. I had already searched for an answer on internet, but there does not seem to be a simple listing of weighting filter values. I have all the relevant ISO standards available, just not the VDI and I'm not prepared to pay over 200 for this 'simple' question just yet. This would not be a problem if I needed the VDI standard, but I actually need the ISO 2631-2, so am not really interested in what VDI has to say other than to know if weighting is identical to 2631-2.

I hope the Diadem support engineers can help me out, but this probably dates back to the GFS era, so it may be difficult even for them.

Thanks,

Marcel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,215 Views)

Hello Marcel,

I am not sure if we will be able to help you out with this one, without violating any copyrights. I believe that the only option is to have a person who can confirm if they are indentical.

Best,

Bozhidar

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,206 Views)