DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find the slope of a line on a graph using DIAdem

I am new to DIAdem and I am desiging a calibration graph. I want to incorporate the slope of a line on the graph. The graph is a Ref. force vs a UUT force. I can do it on Excell.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,217 Views)
Hi Chris,

You can calculate the slope of your data by using the Differentiate function from the Basic Math function set in the Analysis view.  Simply pass in the X and Y channels for your data as the arguments to the Differentiate function and the slope of your data will be calculated and then placed into a new channel.  The Differentiate function will calculate the slope between each data point in your data set.  If your data is linear, all of the values in the DifferentiatedY channel will be the slope of your linear data.  If your data is nonlinear, the DifferentiatedY channel will contain all of the slope values between each individual point in your data.  You can then retrieve the slope of the line from the DifferentiatedY channel that was generated by the Differentiate function and display this data in the report view.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,164 Views)

I have created a Community Example Program which may suit your needs: it performs the slope calculation programmatically using VBS. The script programmatically calculates the average slope between two defined channel values, which may be useful for e.g. determining the Youngs Modulus using Hookes Law.

Automated Slope Calculation with DIAdem Script - Discussion Forums - National Instruments

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Program-Drafts/Automated-Slope-Calculation-with-DIAdem-Script/ta-p/...

Tensile_test.png
Tensile Test (the slope of the linear range is called "Youngs Modulus")

Eric H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,573 Views)