DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter View by Specific Channel Value

I didn't go through all 35 pages of "filter" search, so I hope this question isn't blatently obvious in the forums.

If this were another type of data visualization program, I might be able to create a view and then within that view show only the corresponding data where channel "A" is between 5 and 10. And that would be a filter. And I could do that for any of the channels shown.

Is that possible here with Diadem without going through and making new groups, and channels? I'd like to be able to instantly make the filtering adjusments as I'm trying to identify which channel values have relevance or not. 

Thanks.

--Scott

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,665 Views)

Hi Scott, 

Unfortunately I don't see a way to do this in DIAdem VIEW, short of going through VBScript like you mention. However, the 2D Axis System in the REPORT tab offers greater customization of the look of the graph, including affecting the Range of the Y-Axis which could show you the view of your data you are looking for. This would be done in the Axis Parameters tab of the property editor for the 2D-Axis system: 

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370858M-01/dlgpresent/graph_dlg_2d_tab/d2axis_tab_yscale_dia... 

Hope this helps, 

Kevin F 

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,615 Views)

Hi Scott,

The filtering steps you're interested in are typically performed with DataFinder queries before loading data into DIAdem.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,596 Views)

Thanks Guys. I don't know how much traction it'll get, but I'll put in a feature request. Data Vilsualization packages like the BIA's like Tableau do this as a must-have feature. Even Excel makes this a piece of cake with AutoFilter on the data that drives a Chart. Having to re-import data that takes a couple minutes each time itsn't practical. Never mind the programming/coding/scripting/whatever required to make the adjustments to what you want to filter. 

View have come a long way in the last 2 releases I've seen. They are useful, but still need a few more things. From what i've seen from other posts I would venture that many people don't go to lengths to create report pages for charts. 99.9% of my work never leaves a View.

--Scott

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,592 Views)