DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel import wizard

Hello,

I would like to import excel files by using a configuration file. Normally I do this using the Excel import wizard. I want to find out if it is possible to write a command in the script so I can just drop in any excel files and it automatically adjust.
Does anybody know how to do this?

greets,

Robert
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,437 Views)

Hi Robert,

Have you tried the "ADO" DataPlugin at www.ni.com/dataplugins?  This will load any Excel file into DIAdem, making the assumption that each column should be a channel.

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,421 Views)
Hello,

I already have these dataplugins. Indeed, they assume each column to be a channel. The problem is that the data acquired fills in * in cells that have no values. So these cells have to be ignored what i do with a configurationfile in the wizard.  I would like make a command that does this automaticallyn if it's possible because i have hundreds of files to analyse.
Is this possible?

greets,

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,417 Views)

Hi Robert,

There is no way to automate the creation of the STP file that I know of, short of using ASCII commands to build up the STP file from scratch, and I don't have any information as to the structure and contents of the STP file.  I know some customers have worked on this with the ASCII Wizard and resulting STP files, but I don't know how to help you do it.

If your Excel files are not too big, you, might consider instead building the desired intelligence into an import script or a DataPlugin, and in both cases it could be built on either ADO technology or ActiveX technology.  With this approach you could evaluate cell-by-cell and reject any empty cells or import the file differently depending on what values you find in particular cells.

Regards,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

Message 4 of 4
(3,394 Views)