From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel data loading

Pls find the attached excel data which contains section name and date as the first two columns. If I delete these 2 columns, I am able to load the data using plugin wizard without any problem. If I try to load without deleting these two columns, I am not able to load it properly. Pls help me in loading the entire data without truncation as the date and section name is very important for me.

Regards,

X. Ignatius

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,046 Views)

Hi Igni,

There are several complications with your submitted data file.  First off, this is an ASCII data file, even though the extension says *.xls.  You can open this file up perfectly in Notepad or Wordpad, etc.  Second, you really need to put columns 2 and 3 together so that in DIAdem you have one DateTime channel in DIAdem instead of two separate Date and Time channels.  Third, you have multiple header lines and also empty lines spread throughout the body of the data file.  I have written an ASCII DataPlugin that tackles the first two issues but not the third.  Tell me why there are multiple sections stacked vertically in the file and what you want to do with them, and we'll see what can be done.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,024 Views)