From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Export in DIAdem 15

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm using DIAdem 15 and trying to export values in Data portal as a XLS (Excel) file.

I tried to search similar tasks asked previously in this forum, and found some directions;

1) ExcelExport function - seems to be eliminated in recent DIAdem version,

2) GPI extension : gfsexcel(?).dll - also absent in my DIAdem folders

3) using TDM/CSV export instead..

3) seems to be possible way now, but it would be great if I can use Excel Export directly (because 3) needs some additional clicks..)

In detail, I want to export values in my data portal (not much data; 1 row & 20 columns max.) to excel file, and it would be better if that exported excel file opens automatically (I guess this was possible with ExcelExport function before.)

If there's any idea, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Young.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,402 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author iyjang

If you want to try the CSV export it is possible to configure it to match your local excel import.

If it matches it will automatically load to excel.

Option Explicit

Call DataFileSave(CsvParameters("C:\temp\out_ger.csv", "ger"), "CSV")
Call DataFileSave(CsvParameters("C:\temp\out_eng.csv", "eng"), "CSV")

function CsvParameters(byval filePath, byVal lang)
  select case lang
    case "ger"
      CsvParameters = "<filename>" & replace(filePath, "&", "&amp;") & "</filename><decimalpoint>,</decimalpoint><delimiter>;</delimiter><timeformat>DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss</timeformat>"
    case "eng"
      CsvParameters = "<filename>" & replace(filePath, "&", "&amp;") & "</filename><decimalpoint>.</decimalpoint><delimiter>,</delimiter><timeformat>MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss pp</timeformat>"
    case else
      CsvParameters = filePath
  end select
end function

Classically there are three things that you have to adapt to local setting

• decimal point
  • seperator
  • timeformat
Message 2 of 4
(4,364 Views)

Andreas, this is what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Young

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,346 Views)

As an additional note, DIAdem 2017 (a BETA version can be downloaded for free here: http://www.ni.com/beta after signing up as a beta tester) will include a direct "Save As Excel" feature in the NAVIGATOR "Save As ..." menu:

Excel Export.PNG

The new Excel export function creates a sheet with all the properties, plus a sheet per group in the data portal. The DIAdem R&D team would like to get feedback on the usability and capabilities of this feature. Please make sure to read the attached release notes before installing the DIAdem 2017 BETA version.

If you get a chance to test that out, it may be a solution for your question long-term. DIAdem 2017 currently has a planned release date of Q2/2017 - the BETA version will see some more updates before the release date.

I hope this is helpful,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,334 Views)