From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Change issue in Dialog Box.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with a user dialog box. The Dialog should be using eventchange to update certain aspects of the dialog box based on a user selection in a combo box. The porblem I'm encountering is that eventchange does not recognize the change from no slection to the first selection. IE a user would have to select something else first then change to what they want for it to be recognized. Is there a better event that would resolve this issue? or is the issue something else entirely?

Thanks,

Artemis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,822 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Artemis125

Hey Artemis,

The easiest solution would be to use the EventInitialize event to set the combo box to a default value when the dialogue box opens, and your dialog box settings to match that selection.  That way the first change the user makes would trigger value change.

Britton C.
Senior Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,805 Views)

Could you send an example of how to do that? I haven't been able to fix the issue with it yet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,780 Views)

Figured it out. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,765 Views)