DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error ploting contour graphic and create matrix from vectors

Hi.

I'm working with a few (64 exactly) AutoSpectrum channels where all have the same channel length, 1048576 measures. I have too a Frecuency channel that have the same length as AutoSpecrum.

I want to plot a contour graphic, so in Display i choose Matrix option. In "X-channel" I choose the Frecuency channel. In "Y-channel" i choose a numeric channel that I create (From 1 to 64, with 64 values) that represent the number of AutoSpectrum I have. FInally in "Z-matrix" I choose all AutoSpectrum channels. But when I click on OK to plot the contour graphic, DIAdem crashes. 

First i think it could be because i choose too many channels with a high number of measurements, but if I choose only 2 channels to show (And in "Y-channel" I put obviously a numeric channel with only 2 values) i continues crashing. Only when i plot one AutoSpectrum channel it works.

What I'm doing wrong ? 

How can I create a matrix where each row contains values of each AutoSpectrum ?

Thank you for your pattience. Bye.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,834 Views)

Hi Haritzodri,

It sounds like you have too much data to plot.  if every data point across all 64 channels was drawn as a pixel on your screen, you would need more than 67 million pixels.  Most screen resolutions have no more than a couple of million pixels.  Consider as well that each of those data values is stored as an 8 byte double in DIAdem, and you're asking to plot half a GB of data on a 3D graph.

I recommend that you apply data reduction to your 64x1048576 matrix to get it down to something more like 64x1024.  That would mean averaging 1000 contiguous values into a single Z value.  You can use the "Linear Mapping" ANALYSIS function in the Channel Functions palette to apply that data reduction.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,734 Views)

Hi Brad,

Thank you for the reply, it works. 

Bye.

Haritz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3