DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in pasting: Runtime error. Error type: Access violation, Error address: 0000D280, Module name: GFSData.DLL

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello to all on the forum,

I'm running DIAdem 2015 (15.0.0f6005) on a Windows 7 Pro SP1 i3 4GB RAM machine.

I want to evaluate a test. Data is given in 25 .txt-files. I need to plot one of the recorded values over the whole test time. I tried to combine the data from all 25 .txt files into one .tdm file. I came pretty far until I encoutered my problem. After gathering around .txt-15 files into one .tdm, DIAdem won't let me continue. It gives this error message (in German, I'll translate as good as I can):

"While executing command "DataBlClpPaste('1-52',1859122,0)" a rumtime error occured.

Error type: ACCESS VIOLATION

Error address: 0000D280

Module name: FGSData.DLL"

I'll describe my procedure during which this occurred:

- open .txt with plugin I had created at first import

- in view ribbon with two channel-view sub-windows: Have the target group in one sub-window, drag newly imported channels from .txt into the other

- In sub-window with new data, select those rows that I want to add to the target data group by clicking first row, then scroll to last row and shift-select that. Ctrl+c to copy data

- In target group, click first empty row, then ctrl+v paste data here

After the last step, instead of pasting the new data into the target data group, the above mentioned error message pops up. I can't do anything but click "ok". After ok, the program window won't react on any click except for switching between Navigator / View / Analysis / ... I have to close DIAdem, where I can still select "close and save", which is working, too.

I could continue a few times after re-opening DIAdem, but eventually that didn't work any more. It now gives me the error message every time I try to do that routine. The .tdm file is 21 MB now, the .tdx is 1,1 GB.

I appreciate all help on that, I really would prefer combining the data using DIAdem over trying to copy and paste around 1 GB of .txt data in one giant .txt file. It takes very long to even open one 50 MB .txt file, I'm afraid this would be a messy process.

Best regards,

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,197 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SimonStr

If you are using DIAdem 2015 there is a new context menu entry where you can select append.

Maybe that helps.

From DIAdem 2015 help:

Append Data

Use Append Data to merge similar data from serial evaluations in order to process them. In the process, DIAdem appends the data you want to load to existing channels with the same name in the Data Portal instead of storing the data in new channels. Complete the following steps to append data from the external data area to channels in the Data Portal:

1. Open DIAdem NAVIGATOR.

2. Select Delete Internal Data to delete the data in the Data Portal.

3. Browse to the file Demo1.tdm in the file browser.

4. Drag and drop the file into the Data Portal.

5. Select the file Demo2.tdm in the file browser.

6. Open the context menu of the file and select Append Data.

DIAdem appends the data to the channels that have the same name in the Data Portal. In the properties window of the Data Portal you can see that the number of values in the channels has doubled.

Message 2 of 3
(4,187 Views)

Jackpot, that solved my problem.

Thank you for your help, AndreasK!

I tried a little variation though:

I clicked Navigation -> open -> my.txt -> Attach (one of the buttons on the right)

The advantage here is that I can additionally choose the plugin that reads the .txt file. I had made several plugins and diadem chose the wrong one by default when I tried your way.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,147 Views)