From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Occuring While Processing Data With DIAdem 8.1Exception EAccessViolation in module ntdll.dll at 000111DE. Access violation at address 7C9111DE in module 'ntdll.dll". Read address 37363430

Hello,
We are having an issue running Diadem 8.1 on a new HP XW 9400 with Windows XP SP2. 3 errors have been occuring with frequent crashes, they are:

1) "1Exception EAccessViolation in module ntdll.dll at 000111DE. Access violation at address 7C9111DE in module 'ntdll.dll". Read address 37363430.

2) The instruction at "0x7c9111de" referenced memory at "0x352e302d". The memory could not be "read".

3) ---Error---   DIAdem

Error in Autosequence - processing in line: 74 (IARV_VAR_GET)

Runtime Error while executing command "Iarv2Txt$ := FR(T9,L1)"

Error type: ACCESS VIOLATION
Error address: 000101DE
Module name:ntdll.dll

We are using the same scripts and version 8.1 on a variety of Dell desktop computers (W2K and XP SP2) without any issue, looking for suggestions as this affects no other software on the HP XW 9400 other than DIAdem. Appreciate any suggestions.

Message Edited by swillh on 06-25-2007 08:55 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,787 Views)
Hello swillh,

Will you please give me some more information?  What steps have you already taken to troubleshoot this issue?  Have you tried to reinstall DIAdem or repair the installation in Add/Remove Programs?

You mention that you are using the "same scripts", does this mean that DIAdem runs normally until you attempt to use a specific script or does it crash on DIAdem start-up?  Any additional information that you can give will be helpful.
Regards,
Ben M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,745 Views)
Ben,
I appreciate the help. Thus far I have reinstalled DIadem twice. We have run into this problem generally when processing ATD's with 30 or more channels of data. This rarely happens during the first session of processing during the day, rather after the second or third test has been processed. Our scripts as I refe to them are nothing more than a set of ".aut" files residing on a common server accessed by the entire test facility. While the the same processing routines are run from a variety of computers in seperate test rooms, they all are using ".aut" files that have proven the test of time for running smoothly.

Diadem has never crashed on start-up, only while processing an entire ATD's worth of data channels. The memory management has been adjusted to handle the amount of channels and data points accordingly.

Computer has 4 GB of RAM.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,742 Views)

Hello swillh,

I don't have any suggestions for you based on the information I have at this point.  Can you post the text to the .aut file so I can take a look at what  you are doing?

Regards,
Ben M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,727 Views)

Hi swillh,

I also would like to help you.
Unfortunately, The reported access violation in the central Windows ntdll.dll is very unspecific.
May be the following questions will help you to provide me more info.

1. You mentioned that the aut's and - I think - also the accessed text file reside on a server.
Is there a stable network connection?
Are the files accessed by multiple clients simultaneously?
Is the text file read by one client while another client is writing the same file?

2. Have you already tested opening the file with the FileOpen command before calling FR?
Do you see any chance to convert the aut to a vbs file? This gives you more alternatives in accessing text files.

3. What do you mean with "processing ATD's with 30 or more channels of data"? Where is the relation between ATD files and data channels?

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,706 Views)

Christian,

I will answer your questions in the text below. Thanks for your help.

Hi swillh,

I also would like to help you.
Unfortunately, The reported access violation in the central Windows ntdll.dll is very unspecific.
May be the following questions will help you to provide me more info.

1. You mentioned that the aut's and - I think - also the accessed text file reside on a server.
Is there a stable network connection?

The server can sometimes be a little slow but the connection is good. This computer is using the same connection that the prior computer utilized without issue.
Are the files accessed by multiple clients simultaneously?

It is possible that more than one computer can be accessing the same file, but again, this has never been an issue. We are reading the files only, not writing to them.
The processing routines we are running have used for over 5 years without any issues until adding this computer.

Is the text file read by one client while another client is writing the same file?

No, files are "read only"

2. Have you already tested opening the file with the FileOpen command before calling FR?

Yes
Do you see any chance to convert the aut to a vbs file? This gives you more alternatives in accessing text files.

3. What do you mean with "processing ATD's with 30 or more channels of data"? Where is the relation between ATD files and data channels?

Processing Crash Dummy data with file sets low in channel count (15 channels) result in successful processing without any crashes or access errors.  When processing dummies with more than 20 channels we sometimes encounter these issues. The higher channel count may be the only common factor I can find in these faults.

Steve

Message Edited by swillh on 07-09-2007 08:44 AM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,613 Views)
Hi Steve,

I've still one other suggestion.
You mentioned that your computer has 4 GB of RAM. DIAdem 8.1 might not handle 4 GB + virtual memory properly.
For test, you can limit your memory by modifiing the c:\boot.ini. Make a copy of this file before changing and remove the file attributes "readonly" and "hidden".
In the boot.ini add the parameter /MAXMEM=1024. This limits the system to using the first 1024 MB of physical memory even if more were present.
Be careful changing this file or look to an expert for advice.

If this does not help try using the actual evaluation version DIAdem 10.2.

Christian
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,594 Views)

Hello,

I am experiencing a similar problem using DIAdem 10.1 (SP1) on a group of computers (I have not figured out a pattern yet).  This is what happens:

1. DIAdem is opened
  2. Data is loaded (from a network server, user's hard drive or a database)
  3. User tries to delete data from portal (using 'DataDelAll' in a script, or manually in NAVIGATOR)
  4. User receives error message:

Error type: ACCESS VIOLATION

Error address: 0003326D

Module name:ntdll.dll

The only remedy is to close and re-open DIAdem, which is frustrating.  I have not tried to uninstall/re-install DIAdem yet, and am hoping for other ideas first?

Thank you,

Julia Moeller

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(7,249 Views)
Hello Julia,

do these computers also have more than 2GB RAM?
Is DIAdem started with a special configuration? If yes, please attach the DDD file.

Christian
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,234 Views)

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your reply.  I have information from two computers that are experiencing this problem.  Their information is:

Pentium(R) D CPU 3.4 GHz 3.39 GHz, .99 GB Ram

I am also sending a DDD file.  I have a computer with more than 2GB RAM and have not yet experienced this problem.  The only special configuration is that DIAdem is starting with a User Command script, that declares some global variables and subroutines.  Please let me know if more information would be helpful,

Julia

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(7,218 Views)