From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code -41 Printer not activated

Awesome thanks Brad

one question though how do I configure to run the script automatically for base 2015 versions?

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,752 Views)

Hi Tim,

I don't have a Base version handy, so please tell me if you see this option in your Base version.  Choose the "Settings >> DIAdem Settings..." menu, then click on the top "General" node at the left of the dialog.  You should then hopefully see a "Start Script" field where you can insert the full path to the VBScript you want to run each time DIAdem launches.  Now click <OK> to exit each dialog, then select the "Settings >> Save As..." menu and choose to overwrite your existing "Desktop.DDD" file-- this saves the change you just made to disk so it is used the next time you start DIAdem.

Now, if for whatever reason the above doesn't work for your DIAdem Base version, I have another method I can teach you that will, but it involves wrestling with Windows permissions, which I'd prefer to avoid if we can.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

Nationa Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,737 Views)

Hey Brad

I followed the instructions forwarded to me and it appears it did not have the desired result.  It appears we have the ability to load and run scripts from file however we do not have the ability to save the pathway of scripts we run constantly to shortcuts.  The script you gave me only made a copy of the open script from file shortcut as shown not greued out in the shortcuts tab.

Error2.jpg

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,700 Views)

Hi Tim,

I'm confused.  The script I gave you puts that icon on the PANEL bar, just under the SCRIPT panel icon, not where it is in your posted screenshot.  When you run the script I sent you on a DIAdem Advanced or DIAdem Professional, what happens?  Does the big icon appear on the panel bar?  Does it work when you click on it?  Have you been able to run the script I sent you on a DIAdem Base yet?

Brad Turpin

National Isntruments

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,692 Views)

Brad

When I run the script you gave me it puts the icon on the panel bar as you intended it.  The screen shot shows the icon where it is originally located below the greyed our shortcut keys.

My problem is regardless if the icon is on the panel bar or below the shortcut keys it doesn't save the script location and the user must manually load the script they want to run every time.  This is cumbersome for operations that are performed many times hourly.

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,689 Views)

Hi Tim,

I see now what you're saying.  I must confess I've misunderstood you from the first.  I thought you were saying that the "Run Script from File" icon was greyed out in your DIAdem 2015 Base version, when it appears you were talking about the F1 ... F12 icons being greyed out.  I sent you a script to give you a replacement "Run Script from File" icon, thinking that yours wasn't working.  We could use a similar script to create multiple icons that are hard-coded to standard script files, but it would be more work than it's worth to recreate the configurable functionality of those F1 ... F12 icons between now and the DIAdem 2015 SP1 release.

Would you like to pursue a custom script to add N new icons somewhere that would each run a static VBScript file?  We could have the VBScript file list be a *.txt file in the DIAdem folder, so that it could be edited/expanded (with Admin privileges).

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(2,681 Views)

Brad

It would be great to have this functionality back.

Feel free to  pursue this option.

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(2,679 Views)

Hey buddy thanks for sharing but I also got some suggestions from the search engine for printer not activated error code 41

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(777 Views)