DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem reference and multiple users

Hi

I have created a labview application that opens diadem using the diadem reference vi which works ok when logged onto the pc as myself.

Both labview and diadem were installed with full admin rights.

When I log on as a different user of the PC I get the message:

"Diadem configuration-Drive "C:\Documents and settings\local settings\Nick Holmes\local settings\application data\National instruments\diadem\10.0\" not found!

Labview is looking in documents and settings of my own user profile to find the "Diadem configuration-drive" the other user logins do not have access to these files (and rightly so).

Is it possible to make labview look somewhere else for the reference (a place that is accessable to all), and is it possible to make diadem put the configuration-drive in a place that is accessable to all.

Any help appreciated

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,993 Views)
Hi Nick,
DIAdem defaultly always uses a path which is located in the user area ..\documents and settings\user\..
This has mainly two reasons: each user can have his individual setting and each user definitely has write access to this folder.
Now, if you want to specify a different path you can use the /D option when starting DIAdem. It makes DIAdem load a specific desktop file (containing user settings) and thereby adjusting the path. Please have a look at the DIAdem helpfile (topic "Launching DIAdem with Start Parameters") to learn how to use this feature.

This does not work if you call DIAdem via the COM interface, though.

If you want to specify a specific desktop path when using the LabVIEW- DIAdem connectivity VIs - or the ActiveX functionality of DIadem in general, you can specify that in the Windows registry. There is a specific key containing the path, being an alternative for the /D option.
Have a look at this thread to get more information about the registry keys.

Hope this helps.

Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,950 Views)