DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem V9.1 SP2c - Dataplugin VBOX "*.vob" File - "Racelogic_VBO.uri" - installer -> NI-USI.msi

Hi,

I tried to install the "Racelogic_VBO.uri" Dataplugin in Diadem V9.1/SP2c! During installation there was a message  that "NI-USI.msi" was not found.
In the description there was Diadem V10.0 mentioned as supported Software!?

I've installed "usiUFF58.exe" bevore, but it doesn't work till now!
My OS = WIN XP SP2

Where can I download NI-USI.msi (1.2.0)?
Will this dataplugin also work with V9.1 ?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,782 Views)

Hi gunter70,

The Racelogic_VBO DataPlugin says at the download page that it expects DIAdem 10.0 or later, and the UFF58 DataPlugin says at its download page that it expects DIAdem 10.1.  Generally the DataPlugins are posted on the web in the lowest possible DataPlugin version so that the greatest number of DIAdem and LabVIEW installations will be able to use them.  Sometimes the DataPlugin makes use of a feature that was added between DIAdem 9.1 and 10.0 or between 10.0 and 10.1, etc.  In this case we have no choice but to post the DataPlugin in a version that will be incompatible with some DIAdem and LabVIEW installations out there.

NI-USI is the software layer that a DataPlugin "plus into", and it ships with DIAdem, LabVIEW, and CVI (these are NI software products).  When we ship a new version of DIAdem, we ship a new version of USI.  Unlike DIAdem and LabVIEW, where you can have multiple versions installed at the same time on the same computer, NI-USI can only exist in one version on a given computer.  My recommendation to you is to go to www.ni.com/diadem and download the DIAdem 10.1 evaluation version.  You can try out the new features of DIAdem 10.1 if you like (the DataFinder is really cool), but the main reason for installing this is that you will then get version 1.4 of NI-USI.  This latest version of NI-USI will automatically replace your current 1.2 version.  Then even after you uninstall DIAdem 10.1, you will still have NI-USI 1.4, which has been tested extensively with DIAdem 9.1.  This should enable you to run both of the DataPlugins you mentioned in your DIAdem 9.1.

Regards,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

Message 2 of 2
(3,763 Views)