From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem Temporary data not erased

Hello all,
I have a strange problem with Diadem.  Every 2 weeks I find that our hard drive is full with data, all of which comes from the "C:\Documents and settings\<User name>\Local Settings\temp\" directory.  After some searching, we narrowed the problem down to Diadem (there is nothing else on the computer).  When Diadem starts, it wrties files to this directory (~25MB) and after closing diadem this file size grows to ~50 to 250MB!  The files have names like "ddt57b000" (with no extenstion, like .dat, .tmp).

After about two weeks, the hard drive is full, where as this folder has about 2GB of these temp files in it.  Diadem on this computer is only used for analysing data (VBS scripts) and no measurement related stuff.  I'm not sure if it plays a role, however I have the data area expanded to 400 channels and 100K lines, as we have lots of data to analyse.  Diadem has been reinstalled once already in an attempt to solve this problem.

Info: Diadem 9.10.2521 SP2c

Is there a solution to this problem?  I currently just have a start up script that deletes this folder, however I would like to know if there is a proper fix.

Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,039 Views)

Hi Jeff,

I have heard of a very similar problem reported by a different customer using DIAdem 10.0.  In that case DIAdem terminated abruptly while it was using its internal virtual memory management (HDF files) to exceed the 2 GB of addressable memory that a 32 OS is willing to give it.  This resulted in those files being left orphaned the next time DIAdem was started.  DIAdem 10.1 has been edited to check for these files at startup and delete them.  My guess is that DIAdem 10.1 would automatically do what you are now manually doing with your start script.  Until you upgrade to 10.1, though, it sounds like you have the correct workaround in place.

Regards,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,027 Views)