cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem Special Plot

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have 2 data in Labview, one is a Torque x Time and Temperatura x Time. I want to put that in a report in a way that i havo both information in the same graphic, but without Cross plot. My idea is make the color os the curve Temperature x time change acodding to the value of the torque in the same time. So when the torque is high the curve will be red and when the torque is low the curve will be gree, and between those maximun and minimun value i have a range of colors....

Is that a easy way to do that?

Thnx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,031 Views)

Hello Marcus,

I went ahead and created a graph that I think represents what you are looking for. This is a 3D graph, with the color representing the torque values.

3D - 2D curve.PNG

1 step - insert a 3D axis system onto a page:

3d - 1.png

2 step - add data to 3D axis system:

Select the 3 channels you want to display in the DataPortal, with the X-axis first, the Y-axis second and the Z-axis third. Then drag them into the 3D axis system:

3d - 2.png

Step 3 - set the correct parameters for the 3D axis system display by double clicking into the axis system. In the dialog click on the "Axis System" tab and set the parameters as shown below:

3d - 3.png

Step 4 - Click on the "Curve List" tab and select the color parameters as hown in the dialog below. The "Global Palette" selection will change the curve to a single color (blue) to multip color as defined in the global palette. The colors will represent the values in the Z-axis (torque).

3d - 4.png

Done - now you have a curve with the colors representing the Z-values (torque). You can change the Global Palette in the Settings menu (see screenshot below):

3d - 5.png

Let me know if you have andditional questions,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
Message 2 of 11
(6,011 Views)

That´s exactly what i wanted. But how do i make that legend that you put in the first graphic for the torque values?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,007 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MarcusBianchi

Hi Marcus,

You need to double-click on the 3D graph and check the Legend checkbox in the lower left hand corner of the dialog in order to make the legend appear.  After that you can click on the "Settings" button to the right of the "Legend" checkbox to change the appearance of the legend.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,002 Views)

Hello Marcus,

Here is what Brad was talking about:

3d - 6.png

Ciao,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
Message 5 of 11
(5,983 Views)

Thnx guys it works perfectly.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,958 Views)

i HAVE A VWR TRACEABLE HYGROMETER/THERMOMETER. i WANT TO READ AND LOG THE DATA. IN HYPERTERMINAL, THE DATA OUTPUT IS IN GROUPS. EG. IT SPITS OUT TEMPERATURE 5 TIMES, rEL. HUMIDITY, NEXT 5, DEW POINT  FIVE TIME AND THE CYCLE BEGINS. hOW DO I SORT THESE DATA AND DISPLAY IT IN LABVIEW? i AM A BEGINNER!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,723 Views)

Hi,

Can we fix color values in palate to fixed range. So each color will have meaning. e.g Green color will be under desired range for particular signal and Red will be not.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,020 Views)

Hi Sovarian,

Yes, that's what the "Palette" curve color is for.  Here's an example that works with the default data set that loads in DIAdem.

Brad Turpin

Senior Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,938 Views)

Thanks for the reply!

However I am not able to open the attached report.

It says, "file import was aborted with error 501"

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,932 Views)