From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem Function

hi there,

I'm using Diadem version 9.1 and I tried using the function ChnOrdAFCalc to do an order anlysis on my data values. The parameters which I've set are:

OrdAFType = "Order"
    OrdAFMaxOrder = 16
    OrdAFFiltReCalc = 50
    OrdAFSigWeight = "None"
    GenXBegin = 0
    GenXEnd = 3000
    OrdAFRevolStep = 100
    OrdAFFFTLength = 1024
    FFTAmplType = "Ampl.RMS"
    FFTAmplExt = "No"
    FFTWndFct = "FlatTop"
    FFTWndPara = 10
    FFTWndChn = "time"
    FFTWndCorrectTyp = "No"
    FFTCalc = 0
    FFTPhase = 1

As you can see above, the parameter setting for "FFTPhase" = 1 and I expected to see a phase spectrum being produced after running the function. However, this is not the case when I run it. Are there any other parameter settings I need to alter/change or is there a solution to this?

Can someone help? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,282 Views)
Hi greasystains,

The order analysis function does not allow to calculate the phase spectrum. The teached FFTPhase parameter is a little bit confusing here. ChnOrdAFCCalc internaly runs the FFT. Therefore the FFT variables - which are the same when running the FFT command ChnFFT1 - are reused and teached.
The standalone FFT however allows to calculate the phase.

By the way here you can find an Order Analysis Tool for DIAdem which gives you more help in using ChnOrdAFCalc:

I hope this helps.

Christian
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,251 Views)