From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem Error: Cannot Store Complete Internal Data

Ok, one more thing.  I made a video of the load process, so you can watch the system resources as the data is loaded.  It's time compressed, so it only takes a few seconds rather than minutes. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(2,945 Views)

Hi Mr. Spark,

can you please try to store the data in TDMS instead of TDM and see if the problem still exists.

Change line 53 in your script by replacing "TDM" by "TDMS" as last parameter of your DataFileSave call.

Thanks

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(2,918 Views)

Stefan, I tried to save it as TDMS with no luck.  However, it does save as DAT file.  But I lose data if I save it this way. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(2,916 Views)

Hi Mr. Spark Plug,

We recently saw a similar issue when trying to resave data loaded from MDF file.  In that case the culprit was a collection of very long string channels.  When you try to save data back to TDM or TDMS, do you have any string channels in the Data Portal?  If so, how many, and how long are they?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(2,903 Views)

Brad, I did have some string channels with length zero, I believe.  I was not intentionally recording them, it was something with INCA itself, so I just deleted any text channels or channels with length zero.  It worked for a couple mdf files, but I still had problem saving other files as TDM and I could not figure out why.

HOWEVER, Perry Seale provided me an updated MDF plugin.  The new dataplugin makes the header size smaller by changing the text channels to enum channels.  So far, I have only tested it on one previously un-saveable data set, and I can now save the TDM with the new plugin.  I have not tried it on other data sets yet.  I will let you know if I cannot save any others.  For now, I think we can assume this new plugin fixes things, or is at least a work around I can live with. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(2,901 Views)

Ah,

So you and the "Previous issue" I mentioned above are one and the same.  You're in good hands with Perry.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

Message 16 of 22
(2,895 Views)

Hi to everyone. I know this issue is old but I wanted to know which was the solution because it is happening to me a lot and I havent find the way to solve it.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(2,611 Views)

Hi marispaulies,

DIAdem 2014 introduced "assignment channels", which are a superset of enumeration channels.  The recommendation would be to load your very large text channels into DIAdem 2014, then use the new ANALYSIS functions to turn the text channels into assignment channels.  This will create a numeric channel with an "Assignments" channel property that stores the [number==>text] mappings.  Exporting the Assignment channel to TDM or TDMS will then not require the whole channel to be in memory, as numeric channels are stored in batches.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

Message 18 of 22
(2,590 Views)

Hi to everyone,

Brad I did as you recommend using DIAdem 2014 but I still have the same error. I prove changing one of the Assignment channel to text --> Error, then removing the text channel created previously --> Error. After that, I load the data and without doing anything to it I tried to save the TDM --> Error.

I am using DIAdem 2014. And I am loading the data with the MDF3 dataplugin. Any other advice to solve this issue?

Thank you for your time and help

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(2,521 Views)

Hi marispaulies,

How much RAM do you have free in your computer when you run the DataFileSave() command?  How much RAM was DIAdem using right before you run the DataFileSave() command?  Have you tried including "TDM" as the second parameter in your DataFileSave() command?

Can you send us the MDF3 data file that causes this problem?

I'm not sure what's going wrong,

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(2,497 Views)