DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem Error: Cannot Store Complete Internal Data

I am trying to save data in my portal to a TDM, but I get the error: "Cannot store complete internal data in the file "FILENAME.TDM" with the format "TDM".  I'm not sure how to diagnose the problem, since the error does not provide much information.

I have a script that pulls together two seperate files, a *.dat and an *.atfx file.  It searches through the data to find certain measurments, and then averages a few channels and adds these averages to a new group. I have 16 groups and 257 channels.  The file is fairly large, so maybe I am exceeding some limits? 

Any ideas? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(7,249 Views)

Hi Mr. Spark Plug,

I have seen that error before with other export types such at *.mat and *.csv and even *.tdms, but never with *.tdm, so I'm surprised.  My understanding is that the *.tdm export buffers data to disk in multiple stages, so I'd be surprised if you are limited by your RAM.  Still, I can't think of any other possibility, so what amount of free RAM do you have on that computer right before you export the *.tdm file?  Does it always fail, or does it sometimes succeed?  Does it succeed if you save only data from the *.dat file and the calculated channels?  Does it succeed with smaller data sets from *.dat and *.atfx?

What version of DIAdem are you using?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(7,235 Views)

Hello Brad, thanks for the reply, I've been working on another project, so I have not had time to persue this.  Anyway, this keeps cropping up.  I don't understand why I was able to save before, but now I'm not.  It seems that maybe I changed something, but I don't remember what, nor do I really remember changing anything at all.  So, per your above post, we upgraded the RAM on the computer from 1GB to 4GB.  Diadem runs a LOT faster, but I still get the unable to save internal data error.  With the new RAM I have about 900MB free when I try to save the data.  If I delete everything but the channels my script creates, I can save it no problem.  Perhaps a workaround is to copy each and every group to a new group? just had that idea as I was typing this, it seems like a waste though... 

I appreciate any input you might have.

Thanks.

-Russ

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(7,172 Views)
Also, I don't know if it is related or not, but script debugging is disabled. Well, the debugging buttons are grayed out, and I cannot initiate any debugging of my scripts... Any ideas on that one?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(7,166 Views)

Mr. Spark Plug,

Regarding the debugging buttons, we actually have an article which should help you with this:

AE KB 2OKH7VRY: How Can I Enable the Debugger on DIAdem? Why is the Option Greyed Out?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/43FF8597FDD5057686256C1C007F9F96?OpenDocument

Regards,

Renée M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 5 of 22
(7,158 Views)

Hi Russ,

You say you can save the resultant calculated channels to a new file as long as you don't save the original ATFX and DAT channels with them.  How big is that resultant TDM file?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(7,152 Views)

The resultant file is very small, less than 100mb. 

I am now doing something slightly different, but still getting the same error.  I am now opening multiple Dat files (with mdf format) and concatenating all the channels together, then deleting the unconcatenated channels.  However, I still get the error about not being able to save. 

Also, I tried to put in a ticket for this issue so I can have someone call me.  This issue is really starting to hold up progress on a project we are working on, so I need to get it solved as soon as possible.  However, I cannot seem to place a ticket.  The NI website says I need a valid service contract number, but we should have a current service contract and I don't know where to find that, nor do I have time to look for it. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(7,102 Views)

Perhaps this is related.  While I have the data loaded that cannot be saved in the TDM, and I am browsing he help file.  I get an error claiming that there is not enough memory for this task.  I click ok and diadem abruptly closes.  I have attached a screen shot of the error, also showing available system resources, and it seems like I should have plenty available.  I have 1.5GB of available memory, and 46GB of available disk space.  Why am I getting this error.  Is there some setting that limits how much resources diadem can use? 

I have also attached a screen shot showing system resources AFTER diadem closed. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(7,099 Views)

I used diadems uninstall tool to "repair" my diadem 2011 installation.  I ran my script again, and I got the same error.  I pressed F1 to browse the help file, and I got the not enough memory error again.  But this time, I got a C++ runtime error after closing diadem.  The error is attached. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(7,094 Views)

I thought maybe this would help:  Logfiles from Diadem.  The 001 file contains some of the information from my script (I believe you can ignore the group delete errors. My script ignores that error, as it was an easy workaround to delete uneededgroups), and the error in question, but I don't see much help other than that.  002 stopped logging a week ago, and I cant find anythign relevent in there (at least to me). 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(7,092 Views)