From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem 9 crashes after installing LabView 8.6

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm searching for a solution to fix a problem that occurred on Diadem 9.0 after installation of LabView 8.6.

The software was working fine until I've installed LabView. Since that time it crashes after few seconds  I've already uninstalled it and installed it new, no progress...

Does anybody know what's the problem and how to fix it? 

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Paul 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,516 Views)

Hello Paul,

Can you be more specific about how DIAdem "crashes".

What version of DIAdem (with our without DAC) are you installing?

Does your computer blue screen?

Does DIAdem just stop responding?

Does DIAdem show an error message and shut down? What is the error message?

Can you provide a screen shot of what this looks like after it crashes?

What Operating System are you using?

What are the specs of your computer (memory, processor, etc)?

We can test this once we know more of your specific environment ...

Best regards,

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,509 Views)

Hello Paul and Otmar,

I had a similar problem a few month ago:

While installing LabVIEW 8.6, an actual NI-DAQmx driver was installed too. Please double-check the installed version. I guess, that it is something around NI-DAQmx 8.7. You will find this information in your "Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)" (Start -> Programms -> National Instruments). In MAX, please browse to 'My Computer -> Software -> NI-DAQmx'.

Please click on this item and you will get on the right side the installed version.

Unfortunately, the latest supported driver version of DIAdem 9.1 is NI-DAQmx 8.1.  This information can be found here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/53BA46C79DE2786686257249005619A5?OpenDocument

If you have installed a later version of DAQmx, please consider to upgrade your DIAdem to a newer version. If this is not possible, you have to deinstall the actual DAQmx-driver and install DAQmx 8.1. This one can be found here:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/319/lang/en

I hope, that this helped you.

Best regards and have a great weekend

Message Edited by MarianMO on 04-17-2009 02:46 PM
Marian Vorderer
Message 3 of 12
(5,490 Views)

Hi MarianMO,

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately there is no NI-DAQ driver installed.

But I suppose that you're right that the version incompatibility it's causing the problem. Unfortunately even the uninstallation didn't help much.

Have a very nice weekend,

Thanks and regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,481 Views)

Hello Paulek,

I'd still ike to see if we can find a way to make this work for you (we might not, but I would like to try).

If you can be a little more specific about what exactly happens (please refer to my questions above), I will try and see what we can do.

If you have the opportunity to upgrade to a later version of DIAdem (the current verion is 11.0), that would certainly help, and there were many nice features added since version 9. But I would still ike to see if we can help you out in an upgrade is not possible for you right now.

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,465 Views)

Hello Otmar,

thanks for your reply.

The problem is that you cannot see what happens: the application works only for a few seconds then it just disappears. Without any error message. This happens after the installation of LabView 8.6. Until that time it was working fine.

I'm sure that the purchase of Diadem 11.0 would help, but I don't think that I will get it signed 🙂

A similar issue was already mentioned in following post: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=60&thread.id=10032, maybe it helps....

Thanks and regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,450 Views)

Hi Paul,

The Discussion Forum thread you indicated with the similar problem description is exactly why Otmar was asking whether you have DIAdem DAC.  The problem listed in that thread should not occur for a DIAdem version without DAC, since it is a conflict between the new NI-DAQ driver and the data acquisition layer in DIAdem DAC.

I have seen a very similar problem occur with DIAdem 8.1 to the one you describe in your DIAdem 9.0, and in the DIAdem 8.1 case I would be confident that I could tell you to re-register the DIAdem version of the VBScript host (vbscript.dll) and all would be well.  I've never seen this problem with DIAdem 9.0, but why don't you try it anyway-- it might work:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\DIAdem 9.0\vbscript.dll"

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,418 Views)

Hello Brad and thanks very much. I've tried it: without any success.

I've restored the PC to the point as there was no LabView on the machine, installed Diadem new (full installation: with DAC) and it was working fine. Now I've installed LabView runtime 8.6.1 and the problem occured again.

The installation of LabView 8.6 changes something in the configuration of Diadem, but I have no idea what it could be.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,385 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paulek

Hello Paul,

I have a DLL I can share with you that might fix this issue. Please contact me via email: otmar DOT foehner AT ni DOT comand I'll send it to you.

Best rgards,

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,381 Views)

Thanks for the solution,

now it's working great.

Thanks and regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,353 Views)