DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem 2017 dialog box not compatible with older versions

Dont know if its just my problem, but dialog boxes created in 2017 or just saved in 2017 are not compatible with Diadem 2015 version. it throws an error "invalid file type" when trying to open them by scripts.

If its a feature, i recommend you to write it in release notes, i have read it and i didnt find a note about the incompability, which got me in small trouble on our production.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,612 Views)

Hi Lukas,

I apologize for the considerable inconvenience, and your suggestion of making this obvious in the documentation is a good one.  You should know that in the future this backwards incompatibility of SUDialogs is likely to persist.  This has been the case for at least the past 10 years or so, and the solution to this problem keeps not making the cut when compared with other potential features considered for each new DIAdem version.

Sorry,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,584 Views)

Thansk for info, but you are not quite right that this is a trend, because in my last project i worked on dialog box in Diadem2015 and opened in in Diadem2014 with no problem, and as im not working with it for 10 years, i live in reality that the dialogs are compatible. ok i will have it mind and take care on the incompability for future, thanks for your time and have a nice day

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,567 Views)