DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem 2015 - slow full of lags, even scrolling of scripts is not fluent

Hi,

im facing lags of 2015 version. Often it reacts slow and even scrolling a script with 300lines is not fluent and is getting stacked for a second or more. For work its not usable, so i stick with 2014 version.

Has someone else these problems as well and managed to solve it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,530 Views)

Hello Lukas,

We have tested DIAdem 2015 extensively on dozens of different computer set ups, and none showed any of the symptoms you describe. I have DIAdem 2014 and DIAdem 2015 running on three machines and there is no noticeable difference between the different versions.

One reason I could think off why these two different versions behave differently is maybe that DIAdem 2015 (are you using 32 or 64 bit?) is affected by a third party program on your computer. Are there any virus checkers, malware protection software or other tools running on the machine that might influence the performance of other programs?

If you can share a little about the PC you are using (processor, RAM, operating system) and the version of DIAdem you are using (32 or 64-bit, DIAdem 2015 or DIAdem 2015 SP1) and any software that is also running on the machine we may help get to the bottom of that issue.

If you have the ability to install DIAdem on another computer, please try running the same version of DIAdem there (the evaluation version will be sufficient, no need to install a licensed version) and check if you are encountering the same issue.

Best regards,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,504 Views)

Hello,

i am using 64bit version, diadem version 15.0.0f5998

Processor: i5 5300U 2.3GHz

8GB RAM

Graphic Intel HD

antivirus mcAffee

2014 version works fine..

btw my colleague got the same problem. we are running on corporation network, where the administration of our software is managed remotely by administrators, so i cant experiment by switching some programs off.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,500 Views)

Hello Lukas,

The DIAdem R&D team sent me a note on our conversation here. This is apparently a known issue with the 64-bit version of DIAdem 2015 on some computers, listed in the Release notes:

DIAdem 2015 64-Bit SP1 Release Notes

• If you enter a point at the object-oriented interface in the script editor, you might have to wait several seconds until the respective selection list displays.

The DIAdem R&D team is working on a solution for this issue, which is hopefully going to be included in the DIAdem 2017 release.

You can install the DIAdem 2015 32-bit version on the same computer in parallel to the 64-bit version, it does not have that same issue in the Script editor. You can use the 32-bit version to edit the Scripts without the lag issues and then run everything in the 2015 64-bit version, it seems that the delayed are related to the editor in the 64-bit version.

I realize that this is not a very elegant solution, and I know that our R&D team is working hard on getting this issue resolved. I apologize for not realizing that this is a known issue, and I apologize for your poor experience with the editor in the 64-bit version. I hope the parallel install of the 64-bit and 32-bit version (for editing the scripts) is a workable solution for you until we get ready to release DIAdem 2017, which hopefully contains a fix for this editor lag issue.

Best regards,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
Message 4 of 7
(5,470 Views)

Hi Otmar,

Do you know if this issue has been resolved with the latest release of the 64-bit version?

Thanks,

Bobby Breyer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,743 Views)

Hi

im working with Diadem 2017 and in 32bit, everything is fast and fluent (i mena working with code in script panel) but in 64bit i got lags in switching scripts and when scrolling in code, or using autocomplete list of functions, there is lags often.

Now its fine, cause i use the 32bit version for developing and running it in 64bit, but im little afraid as i read release notes for 2017 version where is written that next version will have only 64bit. So if it will be laging, it will be pain in the grass .)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,298 Views)

Hi Lukas,

Your described symptoms sound very similar to a problem with the SCRIPT editor that was identified in DIAdem 2015 and which we were not able to fix for DIAdem 2017.  However, we plan to fix the issue we've identified in DIAdem 2017 SP1, due out early Fall, 2017.  So you'll have a chance to test with that updated version in 64bit and let us know if your symptoms disappear or persist.

Thanks for your feedback,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,290 Views)