From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DiAdem 8.1 Window XP Startup Crash

I have a fresh install of DiAdem 8.1 which crashes on program startup. The install is on a new laptop that is configured with an AMD Athlon 64, 512 Megs of RAM running windows XP Pro. I have tried several reinstalls with all virus and firewall setting disabled. Could anyone please advise on suggestions to correct this error.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,498 Views)
Hi Ziemba,

In general DIAdem 8.1 should run on Windows XP Pro.
Please can you explain a little bit more what you see on the monitor before DIAdem crashes?
Which anti virus program do you use (version)?
Do you use a license file or a hardlock for DIAdem?

Greetings

Walter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,492 Views)
Hi Walter,

Thanks for you help with this. We are at the University of Washington and are using the Academic Version. No separate license file was needed. Initially DIAdem loads correctly and displays the default screen. (See Attached Picture) After a few seconds the hard drive is accessed and then a windows error message is displayed and the program is shut down. I have included a screen shot with the displayed windows error. The virus software is McAfee Version 8.0i.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,478 Views)
Hi Ziemba,

It seems that this is a known problem with new functions (VBScript scanning) of McAfee. The link below from our KnowledgeBase should give you a solution.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/AAFC0A0078DEAD0486256F160043D284?opendocument&Submitted&&node=133020_US

Greetings

Walter
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,475 Views)
Hi Walter,

I tried to disable the (VBScript scanning) of McAfee and I still have the problem. I even disabled McAfee and still had the same error. I might try to uninstall McAfee to see if that works.

If you have any more suggestions please let me know.

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,426 Views)
Hi,

Did you try installing the other version of ScriptEngine from the Microsoft web page? It might be necessary to install this ScriptEngine in order to avoid the problem. You may also try installing the application on another machine that does not have McAfee Virus scan installed. If it works than we know that is the source of the problem. I also thought that the 64-bit chip might have been causing the issue, but NI software should work fine as long as you are running a 32-bit version of Windows.

Regards,

Tyler T.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,395 Views)
Dear Tim,

I have the same problem, so I would like to know how you manage to solve it. I haved tried to disable McAfee, but it does not work.

Regards,

Ana
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,156 Views)