From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataReadPath Doesn't Update

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using the code below to load a file to be analyzed. My problem is when I use the DataReadPath variable I can only get the data path to change if I physically go to the Navigator tab and drag and drop a data file from the folder I want to work in. When I navigate to the correct folder inside the FileDlgShow dialog box and select the file I want to run the value of the variable doesn’t update, so when I run the script again to load the next file it still opens to the old location not the one I just loaded data from.

I then use the second code below to save the processed data file in a sub folder inside the same folder as the original data. If I do not manually drag a data file from the correct folder into the data portal before running my script the resultant file gets saved in the wrong place.

Is there a way the force the DataReadPath variable to update or am I going about it wrong and should be doing it in a different way?

Call Data.Root.Clear()

FileDlgShow DataReadPath, "", "Please Select a File to Analyze"

If (DlgState = "IDOk") Then

DataFileLoad FileDlgNameList(0),"",""

Else

MsgBoxDisp "Data loading has been aborted."&"@CRLF@Script is finished."

End If

'-----------------------------------------------------

sCurrP_Drv = DataReadPath & "Processed Data\"

if not FolderExist(sCurrP_Drv) then FolderCreate(sCurrP_Drv)

sNewName = DataReadPath & "Processed Data\" & Data.Root.Name

Call DataFileSave(sNewName,"TDM")

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,771 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eyoung6676

Hello Eyoung6676,

The content of DataReadPath changes only if you work interactive. That means if you load a file via Drag&Drop a file from NAVIGATOR into the Dataportal DataRaedPath is changed – but if you load a file with a script command like DataFileLoad then the content of DataReadPath is not changed. In such cases it possible to set the DataFileRead variable like this:

Call Data.Root.Clear()

MsgBoxDisp DataReadPath

FileDlgShow DataReadPath, "", "Please Select a File to Analyze"
If (DlgState = "IDOk") Then
  DataReadPath = NameSplit(FileDlgNameList(0), "P")
  DataFileLoad FileDlgNameList(0),"",""
Else
  MsgBoxDisp "Data loading has been aborted."&"@CRLF@Script is finished."
End If

MsgBoxDisp DataReadPath

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,756 Views)