From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataFileSave on network drive error

Hi Phex,

R&D has located the issue in your code and filed CAR #575980.  The problem seems to be in the ChnCalculate() command.  I don't have further details right now, but I thought you'd want to know at least this first information.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,748 Views)

Thanks for the update, Brad. 

Meanwhile I have been using this particular script quite extensively and while mostly failing in DIAdem 2015 32/64 it worked perfectly on DIAdem 2014 32.

Curious to hear about R&D's findings.

/Phex

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,747 Views)

Hi Phex,

The CAR has been resolved.  If I understand the German text in the CAR correctly, having a non-syntax error in the ChnCalculate() formula caused DIAdem 2015 to leak handles.  They mentioned that they made changes to your VBScript to fix the problem with DIAdem 2015, but the CAR resolution was to fix DIAdem 2015's response to this scenario to avoid a handle leak.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,742 Views)

Hi Brad,

What is a CAR and can I access it somehow? Or could you email me the German correspondance?

It is interesting that ChnCalculate() causes the problems, as the fatal errors usually occured during the DataFileSave() operation.

/Phex

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,728 Views)

Any updates on this?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(469 Views)

Hi BG103,

The abbreviation CAR stands for Corrective Action Request, and it is the mechanism R&D uses to track bug fixes.  Have you tried DIAdem 2017 or DIAdem 2018?  According to my notes about the developers' comments, I would expect the Calculator to be updated in those versions to no longer cause this sort of trouble.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(391 Views)