From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataFileSave doesn't work with 32bit Version

Hi all,

I wrote a script that does some evaluation and then saves the data to TDM. I use the following line:

call DataFileSave(path & "evalData\evalData.TDM", "TDM")

We ran the script on several PCs. On the ones with a 64bit DIAdem version the data saving works fine. However, the 32bit DIAdem throws the following error:

"Cannot store complete internal data in the file "L:\[...]\evalData\evalData.TDM" with the format "".

I have used "DataFileSave" before on 32bit versions and it worked ok.

What could be the reason for this error? Can I somehow enable the 32bit saving?

Thanks in advance!

Christoph

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,079 Views)

Hello Christoph,

could you please provide me with additonal information to that behaviour:

1) The version(s) used for the test (for example DIAdem 2015 15.0f6005 64-bit) and whether they could successfully save to the file.

2) Does that happen independently of the data in the data portal that is going to be saved? If not please provide me with the data for tests.

3) Does that only happen with the TDM format? Could you for example save the data to TDMS, DAT, CSV?

4) Does that happen if you use the local drive where you know that you have priviledges to write to disk (e.g. Desktop or Downloads folder)

5) Please provide me with a simple version of the script, where you are trying to save the file.

6) One last question: Does the same happen if you try to manually save the file in the navigator and selecting the same directory/name?

Thanks!

Best regards,

also Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,059 Views)

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for your quick answer.

My colleagues on site will have to run these tests for me as I can't access all of the PCs. This might take a while. I hope this is not a problem.

Best Regards

Christoph

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,022 Views)

Hi, I'm having this issue too I was wondering if you found a solution please?

I have a script that runs fine on DIAdem 2015 SP1 64 bit but on SP1 32 bit it won't save the file I generate. If I use the Navigator (instead of DataFileSave) I still can't save it.

I have loaded other files which will save, my file is only a couple of MB.

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,185 Views)

Hi Martin,

If the offending file is only a couple MB, would you be able to post it or email it to brad.turpin@ni.com?  Also, what type of file format are you trying to save it to... TDM, TDMS, CSV, other?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,095 Views)