DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem has stopped running VBS Scripts

Hi,

I've been using the same VBS Script within DIAdem for a number of months (simply creates a few channels and averages them) but came to run it yesterday and it's no longer runs.  On further investigation, it appears that DIAdem will not run any VBS Scripts no matter how trivial (even a simple print to screen doesn't execute). 

I click on the 'Run Script' button and immediately "This script has finished !" appears in the status bar; it seems like DIAdem isn't even attempting to run the script?  Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?  I've not had any new software or hardware installed recently and the rest of DIAdem seems to run fine.  

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Steve
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,436 Views)
Hi g8vngy,

What version of DIAdem are you using?

Have you updated any of the software on your computer (like XP service pack auto updates?)
Try using the following link f you have not updated DIAdem recently.
This is known to reduce the problems found with installing SP2 in windows XP.

For the scripts to be working and then suddenly stop there has to be something different on your computer/setup Therefore try and narrow down what has actually changed.

Post back if the problem still exists

AdamB
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
Applications Engineering Team Leader | National Instruments | UK & Ireland
Message 2 of 4
(3,416 Views)

Hello Steve!

I had the same problem on a customer computer. There it was a McAffee Tool wich acts as the VBScript engine to protect the system from dangerous scripts.

You can determine this in DIAdem with opening the About Dialog (or Info?!) and then open the 'Script-Engine' Dialog. If the name of the DLL is not 'vbscript.dll' then it is replaced.

Matthias
Matthias Alleweldt
Project Engineer / Projektingenieur
Twigeater?  
Message 3 of 4
(3,415 Views)

AdamB, Matthias,

Thank you for your help.  I've been using Version 9.1 of DIAdem and it seems installing the various updates available (SP2, 2b etc) on the ni website has fixed the problem. 

Thanks again for your assistance.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,402 Views)