From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem basic - scripts

Solved!
Go to solution

I work in DIAdem Advanced but create scripts that others who work in the BAsic version need to use. I currently set their machines up to run as a start script. However sometimes they want to use DIAdem for other purposes so the script is not appropriate.

1. Is there any way other than using a start script to run a script in basic?

2. If that is the only way, is there a way to have the script ask them if they want to use it and give them a way out?

It is annoying the other users to have this always want to run when they only use it about half the time.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,283 Views)
Solution
Accepted by KarenD

Hi,

You can create a Desktop shortcut with a start script as parameter like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\DIAdem 2015\DIAdem.exe" "/CScriptStart('C:\Data\StartScript.vbs')"

Then you can have one shortcut with and one without start script.

Another alternative is to use the script group in any module to start any script:

StartScript.png

If you want to ask the user whether to run a start script or not you can use this as a start script in DIAdem settings:

if MsgBox("Do you want to run the start script?", vbYesNo) = VBYes then
	call ScriptStart("C:\Data\StartScript.vbs")
end if

Only if the user clicks yes in the message popup another script (main start script) will run.

Regards

Christian
CLA, CTA, CLED
Message 2 of 3
(3,169 Views)

Christian,

Thank you so much! The last solution is the best for my use. I really appreciate the help!!!!

Karen

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,146 Views)