From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem VBscript calling a labview VI with Waveforms and Clusters as arguments

Hello, We have some test stands where data is taken and stored in TDMS files. Some of these stands are processing on-line the data with labview VIs, some only storing TDMS waveforms. We want to use Diadem to post process some raw data, but to be sure that the processing algorithm is identical for all (and manage correctly revisions, improvments ... of the data processing itself), we want to use directly the same Labview VI, called in the software of the test stands , and in DIAdem, for the post processing cases. I read through different sources that it could be impossible, if arguments to/from the VI are waveforms or clusters. This is unfortunatelly the case with our processing VI. The information was related to older versions of Labview / DIAdem. We are using Labview 2013, and DIAdem 2012. Is it still the case, I mean, not possible to pass a waveform or a cluster from Diadem to a Labview VI in a Diadem script ? I tried anyway to pass directly a waveform and got the following error in VBscript : Error in The input is a waveform. Waveforms are set using vectors. No vector here. Terminating action. Is there any workaround ? Or am I doing something wrong here ? Thanks in advance for any help. J.F.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,126 Views)

Would it be possible to pass a different datatype to LabVIEW, or to write the data to TDM, then read it in LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,102 Views)

Hello, thank you for your reply. Yes, it is probably possible to change the data type, or to put the original Labview VI inside another one, that can convert the data type.

I'm also looking at ways around like this. For example, pass the waveform as an array, and have the rate of the waveform passed as an additional input.

For the cluster, I'm not sure it could work, or, also, pass it as an array, but I would need to convert all elements of the cluster to the same datatype, I suppose.

Any suggestion ?

Thx.

J.F.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,092 Views)