From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem Report express VI works only with a single sheet template??

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm very new to Diadem and I'm using the 2011 evaluation version to try a report generation of LabView data (2013 version, evaluation also). I'm using the "DIAdem Report" express VI to generate a 2 pages, quite simple report; the first page has to contain some pictures and free text to be compiled with Labview strings, and the second page has to show an XY chart. The goal is to export in PDF file format.

Creating two separates TDR report models for each page and calling two instances of the DIAdem Report, the report is generated correctly with the expected value in two separate pdf files. If I'm using a report template with the two previous pages loaded in two sheets, the text value and the XY data are not loaded in the PDF file, causing a two pages empty export (only images, default text and chart border are visible).

I'm missing something? Attached a TDR file that reproduce the malfunction.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,090 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sciawatt

Solution found...

I've to call "DIAdem report" VI two times with two different TDR single page report models in order to create the two pages report as desired. Unfortunately I've discovered that DIAdem needs to be installed on customer PC, so each application requires a 1000€ license, that is not acceptable only to have a "nice" and professional looking PDF print out. So I'll have to use the sad "Report generation Toolkit" for Labview, something I've used in the past encountering a lot of limitations...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,021 Views)

Question for you, since you appear to have made more progress on this than I have:

If you call multiple templates, then export them with a script, does it save all the pages as a single file? I would much prefer having fewer, larger pdf files than a bunch of single page files when I have to start putting my actual report together. (I have a lot of data, and that would involve on the order of 180 separate files/pages.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,562 Views)

WorldTraveler

When I have a report that has multiple pages  (Over 5)  I like to use one tdr file for each of the pages, and then use the report append feature to make a resulting tdr and then a PDF.

(Search for report appending) 

I make one cover tdr and one summary.tdr file, and then work to try to make the other sheets as reusable as possible.  That way I can build each resulting large TDR from a appending of as many smaller tdr files as needed. This really cuts down on the maintenance time for reports, and results in large PDF at the end, so the users do not know the difference.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,558 Views)

Diadem Report Express VI has Execution control input cluster containing "Create new report page" switch. In my test I put off this switch in order to append pages at the first page (only page with "Create new report page" ON).

Anyhow I abbandoned the idea of using Diadem, instead I started using the excellent Exaprom PDF https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10952 that does everithing I need for my PDF reporting requirements.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,544 Views)