Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem PDF Export Filled area

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm using DIAdem 2011 SP1.

I have a diagram with a curve as "Filled area".

The curve parameters for the filled area are:

Line color: blue

Filling color: blue

Transparency: 90%

The transparency is needed, otherwise the grid is hidden by the filled area in the diagram.

DIAdem shows the report correctly, but in the exported PDF the area is blue without any transparency.

(The area was filled black in the PDF if DIAdem 2010 is used.)

(The report is printed correctly directly from DIAdem.)

Can someone help at this topic?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,735 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Johann_Hasiba

Hi Johann,

The PDF driver that installs with DIAdem does not support transparency.  However, starting with DIAdem 2011 you can congifure REPORT to render each sheet as a high definition PNG image and send those to the PDF driver instead of the raw REPORT screens.  Select the menu Settings>>Options>>REPORT... and then select the checkbox "Output print data as image".

2-6-2012 1-15-48 PM.png

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 2 of 11
(5,726 Views)

Hi Brad,

Thanks very much for this solution. It works perfect!

Best regards,

Johann 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,716 Views)

What options are available if I'm using v.2010?  Is there some other work around for exporting transparent lines from REPORT to any external viewer? (pdf, ppt, ect)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,099 Views)

Hi jwsnasa,

How are you creating transparent lines in DIAdem 2010?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,974 Views)

I have a script to build a collection of curves in REPORT.  The script creates 3 lines per test (GROUP).  They are an upper boundary, a lower boundary, and then a filled area between. The upper and lower boundary curves are of CURVE TYPE = LINE.  The filled line is of CURVE TYPE = FILLED AREA.   It works perfectly in creating these in REPORT.  However, when I try to EXPORT, DiaDEM crashes.  "Incorrect instructin or user command .......  Cannot open clipboard.).  

I have read that there is an issue with exporting FILLED AREA from DiaDEM.  I really need this to be availabe in some manner, so I wanted to know the status and/or other options for doing this.

I am using version 2010. 

DIAdem:  11.2.0f4718 TDM

USI:  1.8.0f4177

DataFinder:  2.2.0f4177

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,757 Views)

Hi jwsnasa,

You don't mention what your target export format is... PDF, image, clipboard, HTML, or what?  You also don't mention anything about transparency, yet you attached this question to the answer to another customer's question about PDF export of REPORT layouts that use transparency-- is there a connection?

Can you post or email a data set and TDR file for us to try to reproduce this and also test it in subsequent DIAdem versions?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,732 Views)

Brad,

Target format is .pdf.

The transparency is the filled lines.  It exports fine with regualar "lines", but filled lines crash. 

Where can I send data?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,698 Views)

Hi jwsnasa,

The simplest way to send files is to post as an attachment to this forum.  If that doesn't work you could email me directly (brad.turpin@ni.com) or upload the files to NI's incoming ftp site:

ftp.ni.com/incoming

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,649 Views)

Brad,

I can't send data.  Its confidential.  

Lets start over...  You stated above in responding to the previous requester that prior to v.2011 that DIADem was not shipped with PDF drivers that supported tranparancies.  What I am asking is that I am running v.2010 and need to export the transparancies.   Is a driver available, now?   Can I install something that will let my v.2010 export my transparancies?

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,247 Views)