DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem Data plugin different files, but both .csv

Hello,

I have the next problem. I have different recorder files (different layouts), but it are both .csv files. When I create the URI plug-in only one of the .csv files is correctly imported.

I tried to adjust the VBS script behind the URI file (old URI file < DIAdem 2012) to make it possible that the file is recognized by checking cell values in the file and than decide to run 1 of the 2 import procedures while dragging a file into the data portal, but till now I even have problems with understanding all the sentences in the VBS behind the URI file.

See attached the 2 example data files.

Caltem =>

-  Delimiters = ","

- Decimals = "."

- Channel names row 8,  units row 9, row 10 must be ignored and the data starts from row 11

The channel name row is not always 8, so this must also be included in the script!

- Search for the word 'Calterm' and run then the Calterm plug in part

Puma =>

- Delimiters = vbTab

- Decilmals = "."

- Channel names row 1, Unit row 2 and the Data starts in row 3

- Search for the word 'recorder_time' and run then the Puma plug in part

With kind regards,

Stijn

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,611 Views)

Hello Stijn,

I have read about your problem and I think I understand what you're trying to do, though we do not really support this area, so I'm going to redirect you to the DataPlugins team who are able to create a DataPlugin for you. If you follow this link, it should take you where you need to be, and hopefully solve your issue.

I hope this helps,

Cody 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,474 Views)

Hello Stijn (and others following this thread),

We are currently in the progress of making these (and other) Data Plugins for Stijn via offline channels.

Once these have been finished, Stijn will receive them and will have the possibility to share them with other users on the forum.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,465 Views)

Hi Stijn,

I happened to have a CalTerm_CSV DataPlugin that read your CalTerm *.csv file, and I added a little bit of extra code to read the Puma *.csv file.  The attached DataPlugin successfully identifies which file it is based on the first cell value and loads each of the 2 files you sent correctly and automatically.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 4 of 4
(4,460 Views)