From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem 2012 displaying all channels as "Noname" for .tdm files

Hi

I'm experiencing a problem with DIAdem 2012 when opening .tdm files. 

I've reinstalled all NI software components, and still the problem remains.

All channels are displayed as "Noname", "Noname_1" etc.

Even worse, all values are displayed as either "0" or "NOVALUE".

See attached image for example.

The attached image is displaying the "Example.tdm" file which is opened by default when starting DIAdem.

When opening the "Example.csv" file the problem is not there (channels have names such as "Time", "Velocity" and values).

So what could be the problem related to reading/loading .tdm files? (Note, as I said, I just reinstalled DIAdem from scratch)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,170 Views)

Update: 

I found that in the dialog for opening files, the default selection for "Files of type" was "TDM_Dataplugin (*.tdm)". When I switch to "National Instruments TDM Files (*.tdm)" it works fine. In other words, it's the TDM_Dataplugin thats creating the problems.

Does anyone know if the TDM_Dataplugin is made by NI/part of DIAdem?

I've removed it for now, so just need to be sure I'm not creating a new problem down the line.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,166 Views)

Hi salte,

"TDM_DataPlugin" is the default name that the ASCII DataPlugin Wizard would give to a DataPlugin you or someone else created to open files with a "*.tdm" file extension.  I'm betting that's where it came from-- the behavior you see in the Data Portal is also consistent with loading a TDM file as if it were an ASCII file.  DIAdem does not install this DataPlugin, and I highly recommend that you remove it.

To remove the DataPlugin, go to the DataPlugin dialog, select the the "TDM_DataPlugin" in the list, and hit the red "X" icon or the <Delete> key on your keyboard.  To get to this dialog first start in either the NAVIGATOR or SCRIPT panel, then depending on your DIAdem version select one of the following two menu paths:

"Settings >> Options >> Extensions >> DataPlugins..."

"Settings >> Extensions >> DataPlugins..."

Once you've removed the "TDM_DataPlugin", you will again be able to drag TDM files from the NAVIGATOR tree view into the Data Portal.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 3 of 3
(5,158 Views)