DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem 10 / TestStand 3.5 :: Calling DIAdem VBS script from a TestStand sequence

Hello all,

I would like to call in a TestStand sequence a step with a code module targeted to a DIAdem script.
I have some parameters (input/output) to pass to my VBS script. 
The number and the type of the parameters depend on the VBS script to assign to the TS Step.
I think I should use the ActiveX server adapter provided by TestStand.
The DIAdem.TOCommand object seems to provide a method for running VBS script

Do you have any idea of the different solutions to pass data from TS to DIAdem?
Do I need to store my step properties in a file and read the properties from this

Thank you.

Matthieu G.
Eurilogic, France 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,196 Views)
Hello Matthieu,

you are right, using the DIAdem.TOCommand ActiveX API would be the best solution for your task.
Have a look inside the DIAdem help, where properties and methods of the server are documented (on the side TOCommand-interface).
For parameter exchange I would recommend to use the method DoubleVarSet, which sets any DIAdem double variable. You can then use the variables inside your VBS to access the parameters. Use the method CmdExecuteSynch or CmdExecuteASynch to start your script.
If you have more data to exchange (measurement channels, results, and so on) you might want to use the DIAdem.TODataSheet command to access the data matrix of DIAdem via AxtiveX.
If it is really a lot of data and the ActiveX interface is too slow to handle all of it it seems to be more convenient to store it into data files, and import it from DIAdem.

Hope this advice does not come too late and you find it still helpful.
regards
Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,144 Views)