DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem 10.2 does not play DivX video

We are recording large quantities of video, which are subsequently synchronized with data in DIAdem. The videos are recorded as DivX video files. We have been using DIAdem 10.0 until a few days ago and then upgraded to 10.2. Since then we are not able to play the video files anymore. DIAdem is not even able to read the frame rate from the files. Switching back to 10.0 does allow us to keep working, but is not the ultimate fix I hope. Are there any possible options that meed to be changed?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,490 Views)
vlammers,

What version of the Divx codec are the videos encoded in? Do the videos still play in Windows Media Player? Also, does DIAdem give you an error saying, 'Error message: "Codec does not support precise synchronization"' or 'Error message: "Cannot load video file"'? Both of these are addressed in a PDF in this Knowledgebase.
Test Engineer - CTA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,467 Views)
Hello vlammers,  

you are right it's not possible to run the video with the DviX Codec. I tested it with the ffdshow codec - that works fine.

Sven

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,423 Views)
Thanks Sven!

The ffdshow codec works even faster and more reliable than the native DivX one. I had to use one of the daily builds to get it to work though.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,391 Views)