DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem 10.0 :: Run a SUD dialog in parallel with a script

Hello all,

I am using DIAdem 10.0 Advanced. I would like to run a script that begin to start (show) a SUD dialog with some indicators. The "SudDlgShow" command is synchronous, the script cannot continue its execution while the SUD dialog is not terminated.

I would like to show my SUD dialog at the start of my script and continue the execution of my script. I would like to fire the "EventRefresh" event from the script in order to update the IHM only when it is necessary.

Question 1:
Is it possible to run a SUD dialog (IHM) independently of a VBS script (engine)? If yes, how the engine can manipulate the objects of the SUD dialog?

Question 2:
Is it possible to access the user dialog box objects from a VBS script (outside the dialog editor)?

Thanks for your help.

MatthieuG
Eurilogic
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,250 Views)

Hi Matthieu,

Sorry, but none of that is possible in DIAdem 10, and much of that will probably never be possible, though I am still holding out hope for non-modal SUDialogs in a future DIAdem version.

Your only option is to make a synchronous SudDlgShow() call and wait until the SUDialog terminates before the parent VBScript continues.

Unless you want to try to launch a second instance of DIAdem and have it launch a SUDialog, but I don't think you're going to get the behavior you want that way...

Regards,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,234 Views)

Thanks Brad for your answer.

Finally, I find a possible workaround. I create my user interface in LabVIEW, I call the VI from my DIAdem script with the "Run" Method and the "Wait Until Done" option set to False. And during the VBS script, I use "GetControlValue" and "SetControlValue" methods of VI Server to update my UI.

I can also run my VI (the UI) from LabVIEW and call my script with the "DIAdem Run Script" VI of the DIAdem Connectivity Toolkit with the option "Asynchronous" set to TRUE. Then, I use the "DIAdem Get/Set Variable" to share data between the UI and the script.

To finish, I would like to make a product suggestion. It seems to be possible to integrate the ActiveX controls of TestStand in a SUD dialog. So, it must be possible to create a user interface for TestStand in DIAdem. NI already provides UI for TestStand in LV and CVI. A UI in DIAdem could be interesting if an application requires to run a set of VBS scripts in a TestStand sequence.

Best regards.

MatthieuG. ; Eurilogic

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,228 Views)