DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATAFILESAVE nitty gritty

Well Matthias,

If you just want to read the data structure and properties programatically without loading the data, then the DataFileHeaderAccess object does exactly that in DIAdem 10.1, at least for files that are loadable with a DataPlugin.  If you  want to edit those properties, then this object would only work on TDM files.  If you want to access the structure and properties of any data source, even data servers such as SQL or Citadel or ASAM-ODS data bases, then this object runs out of gas.  Could you please describe exactly what you would like this proposed object oriented API to do for you, so that we can understand where the current functions fall short?

I know R&D wants to improve the ODS API,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(978 Views)

Hello Brad!

I think you know our ODS wrapper class library. That is my idea of a solution. R&D should have a documentation (help file) from the last presentation in 2004. The ODSCL is extended today but you can get the basic idea from the help.

Why do I want a new interface in DIAdem if I have already a good one? Simple answer: Performance! A wrapper around an interface wich is internaly a wrapper to another interface could not be as fast as possible. The ohter reason is that the ODS interface is not well supported over the last years. A good interface used by many customers with full read/write access will be hopefully maintained and updated.

Please try to get the documentaion from R&D to get an impresson of my ideas.

Matthias

Matthias Alleweldt
Project Engineer / Projektingenieur
Twigeater?  
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(967 Views)