DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQCard 6036E together with Diadem

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the NI DAQCard to show as an input in Diadem 6.02. In configuration for inputs, outputs, processing (driver)Diadem lists a lot of different instrument brands such as Bedo Elektrionics, Eagle Electric etc, but not NI and no NI units such as the DAQ.

This is in the DAC description area, and in menu: Options/Single Value Processing/Configure Driver/New Entry/

I have also tried some other ways of setting a new input, but it always result in the same list of selectable components/manufacturers.

The DAQCard is showing in the NI Measurement and Automation Explorer.

How do I get Diadem to see the DAQCard?

Thanks,
Johannes
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,921 Views)

Hello!

The version of DIAdem you are using was released about the same time frame we bought Gfs and I have never worked with that version myself (only 7.x and later for my part). I talked to some knowledgeable guys at NI Germany though and even though they haven't used it either they could provide me some information. They checked out the read-me file for the 7.x release that says which devices is supported in that version and they are:

DAQCard 500, 516, 700, 1200 and AI16E4

These are all old boards and the board you are using is newer and will therefore not work in 6.x or 7.x of DIAdem.

Regards,
Jimmie Adolph
Systems Engineering Manager, National Instruments Northern European Region

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,903 Views)

A follow up...

I got Diadem 9,1 now, but the previous way of setting up inputs differ quite a bit. It seems that you need a full version of Labview (7,1 or later) in order to get any data recording in later versions of Diadem? Is this correct?

Furthermore, what would you guys say would be the best way of setting up a measurement with the following stuff available:

2 pcs NI DaqCard 6036E (PCMCIA) with BNC2110 connector racks, Diadem 8,0 and 9,1, VI Logger Lite, Labview 7 Express (demo version)

Purchasing Labview is a viable solution I guess, but getting it through our IT approval would be as much fun as doing a root canal. So any way of getting a good measurement setup based on Diadem would be preferable since we've got full license coverage on that software.

Regards

Johannes

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,834 Views)
Hej JohannesA,

Om du ringer in till kontoret på telefonnummer 08-587 895 00 och frågar efter mig Daniel Wardzynski så kan jag hjälpa dig med en LV licens som kommer att passa din applikation.

Ha en trevlig dag!

Med Vänliga Hälsningar,
Daniel Wardzynski
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,592 Views)

Hejsan Johannes,

Jag är ganska övertygad om att ditt daqcard fungerar med "mät & analys" versionen av DIAdem 9, det finns dock en version av DIAdem för endast "analys" (kallad "TDM" =TechnicalDataManagement,som du kanske kör nu?) i båda dessa versioner finns det med en labview ikon för de som hellre använder det för mätning...(detta har inte jag provat utan jag använder DIAdems mätfunktionalitet).

När du använder ditt daqcard i DIAdem kan du välja mellan två olika sätt "singlevalue" eller "packetprocessing" det senare används med fördel om du behöver snabbare mätning.

Tjingeling!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,574 Views)