DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursors on the report by default

So I am making a TDR file and I want to place a cursor (or something that looks like a cursor) on my 2d axis from a channel property that holds the x position of the cursor in a TDMS file. I can see how to do this from the VIEW panel but I'm having a hard time finding out how to adjust the cursor (or even place one) from the Report panel.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,282 Views)

Hi James

That is no build in funktionality. So you have to use events. This topic in the help gives you a good starting point:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370858M-01/reportapi/events/report_event_onaxissystem2d_irep...

Hope this helps

Winfried

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,275 Views)

Hi James,

Interactively "placing" a cursor in REPORT with the mouse would require a custom event, as Winner mentioned.  But if you just want to automatically show a configured vertical line based on the X value stored in a property, you can use the "Constant" curve type and place your @@ expression into the X value column of its configuration.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,259 Views)

Thanks Brad, I think that will do what I need!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,235 Views)

So, for some reason this works:

@@Val(Data.GetChannel("[1]/Leg 2 Return Signal").Properties("Cursor_").Value)@@

But this always produces an "invalid character" error
@@Val(Data.Root.ChannelGroups(1).Properties("Control_Response_Start").Value)@@

The property stored there is a value something like 0.11732453465456

Interestingly, when I post

Data.Root.ChannelGroups(1).Properties("Control_Response_Start").Value

into the cursor field, I get the .1173 (etc) value, but it turns into the number, the equation is gone. Surrounding the equation with double @@'s produces invalid character. I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,171 Views)

Still having trouble though I have new data. For some reason one TDR file accepts cursors just fine, but the other won't accept them at all. Strangely, when I copy a 2d axis with two 'cursor' curves on it into the non-working TDR file, the axis system actually shows up without any error message or warning, but the two constant channels with expressions are completely removed. Additionally, if I make a new constant curve and put say "@@4@@" into it, I get a bad character error (but only on the TDR that stripped out the curves and won't seem to take any expression in the axis systems).

Super weird. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,150 Views)