DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Histogram with more than 2 files

I am trying to create a Histogram using multiple files taken at different times and different lenghts.  My knowledge of DIAdem is limited, but I understand a majority of the basics.  Please let me know if there is any information that I can provide to help

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,967 Views)

Hi r.spicka,

If I understand what you want to do correctly, the first step will be to import the relevant data files all into DIAdem-- this will likely give you 1 Group of channels for each data file.  Let's say that the channel you want to create a Histogram from is called the "AverageVal" channel.  Then you will need to create a new "AverageVal" channel in a new Group which contains all the values of all the "AverageVal" channels from all the other Groups.  At this point, running the Histogram calculation is just a matter of manipulating the correct ANALYSIS dialog.

What sort of files are you loading from-- TDM, DAT, CSV, XLS?  There is an Example Program on our web site that does this channel merging for you, but there are several flavors depending on your file type and version of DIAdem.  I'm going to attach the most likely version for DataPlugin files in DIAdem version 9.1 or later below.

Regards,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,941 Views)