DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a 2d Table programatically

Ok I figured this out.

DIAdem apparently wants things to be written in some very precise order, and the following order changed my world :

D2TabHeaderTxt(1, 1) = "Title"                    'Title of the first column.
  D2TabTxtType(1)  = "column defined headline"
  D2TabDataType(1)="Expression" 
  D2TabVariable(1)="@@Tblcol1(d2tabrow)@@"       'First column of Table is now Tblcol1

D2TabHeaderTxt(2, 1)= "Other Title"              'Title of the second column.
  D2TabTxtType(2)  = "column defined headline"
  D2TabDataType(2)="Expression" 
  D2TabVariable(2)="@@Tblcol2(d2tabrow)@@"       'Second column of Table is now Tblcol2

Before this, I used to mix commands affecting the first column and commands affecting the second one, which ended up badly. Thanks to both of you for your help, I finally made it 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,360 Views)

Hi Near3

First to the CTRL-A trick, You have to open the dialog box then press CTRL-A. DIAdem records the code that correspond to the dialog box, so in in curve dialog box you will differnt code than in the axis definition dialog box.

Could you make a short outline (as grafic) how you table should look like and describe how your data looks like or paste them here (*.tdm and  *.tdx) so I could understand in more detail what you want.

Winfried

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,353 Views)

Hi Near3,

If you don't have the Script Recorder already turned on, then you also need to switch to DIAdem-SCRIPT, click in a new VBScript area, and hit <Ctrl-V> to paste the variable assignments saved to the Windows Clipboard to the new VBScript.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,343 Views)

That's ok my problem is solved since my last post !

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,342 Views)

Hi,

I am using DIAdem 2012 and want to create 2d Table programatically. How can I achive that. I mena is there any simple solution apart from this?

Regards

Sarry

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,164 Views)

Hi Sarry,

You can use the Report object in a DIAdem VBScript to create and configure a new table object on a REPORT sheet.  Personally, I don't think that's the easiest way to go, but there's nothing stopping you.

Set Sheet = Report.ActiveSheet
Set Table = Sheet.Objects.Add(eReportObject2DTable, "NewTableName")
Set Column = Table.Columns.Add(e2DTableColumnChannel)
Column.Channel.Reference = "Example/Time"
Report.Refresh

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,140 Views)

Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,124 Views)

Hi Brad,

How can I access to each cell in that 2D table by script?

Thanks,

GQ

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(533 Views)